Conditions of Participation
The organizer of the competition is HEUTE UND MORGEN GmbH, Breite Str. 137-139, 50667 Cologne, Germany, hereinafter referred to as the “Organizer”. HEUTE UND MORGEN GmbH is carrying out the competition on behalf of Hermes Germany GmbH.
1. What can you win?
The Organizer is raffling 50 OTTO vouchers with a value of 25€ each. The prize is provided to the Organizer by Hermes Germany GmbH.
2. How do the sweepstakes work?
Participants may enter the sweepstakes after taking part in the online survey. This requires the provision of the first and last name, address data and a valid email address. This information is provided voluntarily. The data is collected separately from the original survey. Participation in the sweepstakes is free of charge.
3. During which period do the sweepstakes take place?
Participation in the sweepstakes is only possible after completing the survey in the period from September 1 to September 30, 2023. Personal data that is submitted at a later time cannot be considered in the sweepstakes.
4. Who can participate?
All persons aged 18 and over who reside in Germany and who took part in the survey are eligible to participate. Only individuals who participate on their own may take part. Sweepstakes clubs and automated sweepstakes services are expressly excluded. The Organizer reserves the right to exclude participants from the sweepstakes or to end or interrupt the sweepstakes if there are justified reasons, e.g. a violation of these Conditions of Participation or an attempt to influence the course of the sweepstakes in an unauthorized manner. Participating multiple times is not permitted. Attempting to participate multiple times as well as providing false data will result in the loss of the right to participate.
5. How are the winners determined?
The Organizer selects the 50 winners among all eligible participants in an independent lottery at the end of the participation period. There is no legal recourse with regard to the drawing of the winners.
6. How will I know if I have won?
The Organizer will send an email with the notification of winning to the participant’s provided email address.
7. How will I receive my prize?
When the Organizer notifies the participant of the prize, he or she will be asked to confirm the contact details by email. The Organizer collects, uses and processes the contact details to carry out the competition and distribute the prize. The participant is responsible for the accuracy of the provided contact details. Payment of the prize in cash, in kind, its exchange or transfer to other persons is not possible. The participant may renounce the prize. In this case, the next participant in the order of winners will take that place.
8. What happens if I don’t respond after I have been notified of winning?
If a winner does not contact the Organizer by email within four weeks after the notification of winning, the prize will be forfeited. In this case, a new winner will be drawn among the eligible participants. If the provided contact details are incorrect (e.g. invalid email address), the Organizer is not obliged to search for the correct addresses. Any disadvantages resulting from providing incorrect contact details are assumed by the participant.
9. Alternative reservation clause: Disclaimer of warranty
The Organizer reserves the right to interrupt or end the sweepstakes at any time without prior notice and without giving reasons. The Organizer will only use this option if the proper execution of the game cannot be guaranteed for reasons of force majeure, technical reasons (e.g. viruses in the computer system, manipulation or errors in the hardware and/or software) or legal reasons. The Organizer is not liable for losses, cancellations or delays caused by circumstances beyond its control.
The Organizer processes and uses the personal data collected from the participant for the duration of the sweepstakes and its execution, specifically for drawing the winners and for the subsequent contact by email. The contact details of the participant are stored separately from those of the previous survey, so that no conclusions can be drawn from the participant’s answers. The Organizer undertakes to comply with the statutory provisions on data protection. It processes and uses the collected data exclusively to execute the sweepstakes. The personal data will be deleted at the latest after its complete processing. Personal data will not be forwarded to the client (Hermes Germany GmbH) or third parties at any time.
Responsible entity in the sense of the GDPR: HEUTE UND MORGEN GmbH, Breite Str. 137-139, 50667 Cologne
You can reach our data protection officer at email@example.com
The legal basis for the data processing of your personal data is Article 6 (1) (1) (b) GDPR.
Rights of the data subjects
As a data subject, you are entitled to various rights under the GDPR which arise in particular from Article 15 to 21 GDPR:
- Right to object: At any time, for reasons relating to your particular situation, you have the right to object to the processing of personal data relating to you which is carried out on the basis of Article 6 (1) (e) or (f) GDPR; this also applies to profiling based on these provisions. If the personal data concerning you is processed for the purpose of direct marketing, you have the right to object at any time to the processing of the personal data concerning you for the purpose of such marketing; this also applies to profiling if it is related to such direct marketing.
- Right of cancellation in case of consent: You have the right to revoke any consent you have given at any time.
- Right to information: You have the right to request confirmation as to whether related data is being processed and to information about this data, as well as further information and a copy of the data in accordance with the legal requirements.
- Right to rectification: In accordance with the legal requirements, you have the right to request that the data relating to you be completed or that incorrect data relating to you be corrected.
- Right to erasure and restriction of processing: Pursuant to the legal requirements, you have the right to demand that data relating to you be deleted immediately or, alternatively, to demand restriction of the data processing in accordance with the legal requirements.
- Right to data portability: You have the right to receive your personal data that you provided to us in a structured, common and machine-readable format in accordance with the legal requirements, or to request its transmission to another responsible party.
- Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority: Furthermore, you have the right, in accordance with the legal requirements, to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the member state of your habitual residence, place of work or place of the alleged infringement, if you believe that the processing of personal data relating to you infringes the GDPR.
The Organizer reserves the right to change the Conditions of Participation at any time. This sweepstakes and its terms and conditions are governed by the laws of the Federal Republic of Germany.